Parking Comfort - "Dog Mode" Equivalent?

All Volvo EX30 related discussions
jblackburn

Post by jblackburn »

Has anyone tried Parking Comfort in the EX30? Coming from a Tesla M3, I'm used to being able to leave a small dog in the cabin with the AC safely on and "Dog Mode" showing on the screen, when running errands. Volvo claim this should work fine but just want to confirm whether any dog owners have tried it?

My understanding is:
* Parking comfort keeps the AC running for defined period
* Can reduce the Alarm sensitivity to prevent the alarm going off from inside
* Can lock the doors and parking comfort continues to run

* Make my own sign for the screen saying "Dog Mode" :)

Any thing to be aware of with Parking Comfort? Is any of this possible via the app to check the car is at a nice comfy temperature?

kildare

Post by kildare »

Yes, parking comfort and reduced alarm sensitivity are 2 separate settings that need to be activated.
Take note about locking:
Activating parking comfort

You can activate the parking comfort function to maintain a comfortable climate in the car while you are away from it.

Warning
Never leave a child or pet unattended in your car. You are responsible for their safety and well-being. Some regions have laws prohibiting people or pets being left inside a locked vehicle.

Note
The parking comfort function will automatically turn off when the maximum running time is reached, the car's battery level is too low or you start a new drive cycle. If you activate it when your car's battery level is already low, the maximum running time will be less.
https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support/ca ... 6870d1a409
Reducing the alarm sensitivity

Reduce the alarm sensitivity when you expect significant movement in or around the car when parked.
https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support/ca ... 6870d1a409
Volvo EX30 Ultra Twin Motor cloud blue
jblackburn

Post by jblackburn »

Thanks, and yes understood. Was hoping someone had tried - I presume lack of feedback means this feature works :)

The Tesla has Dog Mode which has worked perfectly for years with such warnings:
https://www.tesla.com/ownersmanual/mode ... 7C096.html

And even the Smart #1, on the same platform as the EX30, advertises "Pet mode":
https://uk.smart.com/en/connectivity/

I understand Volvo is more conservative, much like the driving safety settings where the car won't remember driver preference between drives but would be great if they eventually add a setting that is equivalent to Smart #1 / Tesla Pet Mode...
MartinsEX30

Post by MartinsEX30 »

I’ve been able to leave people in the car by just using parking comfort. The alarm never went off (unlike the time I forgot to turn on parking comfort 🤣). Those left in the car were still able to have to have the AC run; and have access to the infotainment. Worked pretty well.
Volvo EX30 Twin Motor Performance Ultra
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

The problem though surely is that if you do that, the car will lock when you walk away if the tag is in your pocket?
UK - 2024 Vᴏʟᴠᴏ EX30 Pʟᴜs - Sɪɴɢʟᴇ Mᴏᴛᴏʀ - Sᴛᴀɴᴅᴀʀᴅ Rᴀɴɢᴇ - Mᴏss Yᴇʟʟᴏᴡ/Pɪɴᴇ ~ 2018 Yᴀᴍᴀʜᴀ MT-07
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Welcome jblackburn to this forum
jblackburn wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:59 am ...
* Make my own sign for the screen saying "Dog Mode" :)
Just a thought.....

Could you make a video featuring the words "My dog is fine!" or similar, upload it to YouTube and then play it when you leave the dog in the car?

Does you dog have favourite music you could add?
UK - 2024 Vᴏʟᴠᴏ EX30 Pʟᴜs - Sɪɴɢʟᴇ Mᴏᴛᴏʀ - Sᴛᴀɴᴅᴀʀᴅ Rᴀɴɢᴇ - Mᴏss Yᴇʟʟᴏᴡ/Pɪɴᴇ ~ 2018 Yᴀᴍᴀʜᴀ MT-07
MartinsEX30

Post by MartinsEX30 »

gloucester wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:34 pm The problem though surely is that if you do that, the car will lock when you walk away if the tag is in your pocket?
That’s correct, and I’d rather that happened. Occupants can still unlock the car from the inside, but no one outside can get in.
Volvo EX30 Twin Motor Performance Ultra
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

jblackburn wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:59 am ...
Any thing to be aware of with Parking Comfort? Is any of this possible via the app to check the car is at a nice comfy temperature?

Yes - the app shows the temperature - though when set in Parking mode:

a] the app doesn't say the AC is on.
b] the door mirrors don't fold albeit the car locks.

Screenshot_20240710_174441_Volvo EX30 (Small).jpg

jblackburn

Post by jblackburn »

This is great, thanks all! I’ve just paid for my dual motor, so very excited to get the car soon.

Great idea about the music / YouTube video for the dog. This is a feature the Tesla didn’t have 🤣