Bloody dangerous

All Volvo EX30 related discussions
Roasting

Post by Roasting »

Was driving today along straight 30mph road, passing a left turning there was a transit van waiting to turn into turning and a car waiting to turn out with me heading straight on. Well as I passed both the van and the car the ex30 decided to do an emergency stop on it's own right in between them. Had either one of them anticipated my passing through they'd have gone straight into my side.

Is there a way to disable this?

rsfara86

Post by rsfara86 »

It's happened to me twice but it never managed to actually stop. It just flashed the break sign.
Roasting

Post by Roasting »

rsfara86 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:19 pm It's happened to me twice but it never managed to actually stop. It just flashed the break sign.
Yeah I've had that aswell. Just makes me wary that after 25 years of no accidents and safe driving the car itself could potentially cause one. I don't need to be babysat how to drive, if anyone knows a way to turn off appreciated.
NAVGOD

Post by NAVGOD »

I've had it three times and it's not right. I appreciate the technology is trying to keep me safe but in three cases there was no risk of a collision.
EX30 Ultra Twin Motor Performance, Cloud Blue, Breeze Interior. 1.4 UK
gcw

Post by gcw »

Does anyone had this while on version 1.4? Never had it but it's worrysome.
EX30 Ultra | SMER | Moss Yellow | BR
Stretford99

Post by Stretford99 »

Not on 1.4 but the same happened to me
In almost identical circumstances to the above the car began an emergency brake right in in between two cars waiting to turn! What I did find in the panic though was pressing the accelerator seemed to cancel the emergency breaking and so I managed to speed on through but still the scariest thing that had happened so far. Although it was 6 weeks or so ago possibly on version 1.2.1
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

You can't turn off the Forward Collision Detection but you can alter its sensitivity.

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support/ca ... ion&page=0
Last edited by gloucester on Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UK - 2024 Vᴏʟᴠᴏ EX30 Pʟᴜs - Sɪɴɢʟᴇ Mᴏᴛᴏʀ - Sᴛᴀɴᴅᴀʀᴅ Rᴀɴɢᴇ - Mᴏss Yᴇʟʟᴏᴡ/Pɪɴᴇ ~ 2018 Yᴀᴍᴀʜᴀ MT-07
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Welcome rsfara86 to this forum
UK - 2024 Vᴏʟᴠᴏ EX30 Pʟᴜs - Sɪɴɢʟᴇ Mᴏᴛᴏʀ - Sᴛᴀɴᴅᴀʀᴅ Rᴀɴɢᴇ - Mᴏss Yᴇʟʟᴏᴡ/Pɪɴᴇ ~ 2018 Yᴀᴍᴀʜᴀ MT-07