Update 1.4

All Volvo EX30 related discussions
NBC77K

Post by NBC77K »

Currently using a Samsung Galaxy S24+, software version 1.4 on the car, 1000 + miles driven on a round trip commute of 44 miles a couple of times a week, one round trip of 146 miles and one round trip of 334 miles. No home charger so have used 11kw, 50kw and Tesla 150kw public chargers for a single motor extended range Plus. Absolutely no problems with the car, software or app. I'd be interested to see if the issues are more common in the twin motor if it's possible to run a poll?

AndyP

Post by AndyP »

Brilliant update. Thanks. My S24 Ultra just will not connect to the app. The old S10 does still.
No matter what I do remove re enable update log in log out in any order. S24 hangs S10 just logs in.
May be it's because it was on the S10 first.
Cheers Andy!

UK--EX30 VAPOUR GREY TWIN MOTOR ULTRA v1.3.1
Harald

Post by Harald »

It will be really nice that this Android Automotive will enter some like Google Routines or allow IFTTT or something like that. It ended up a lot of this problems
kildare

Post by kildare »

Wheel buttons seem sometimes unresponsive, and they often do not recognize many consecutive pushes (ex. Vol+/Vol-)
I can't say if the situation is worsened with v.1.4.
Volvo EX30 Ultra Twin Motor cloud blue
AndyP

Post by AndyP »

Ahh yes forgot about those.
I will check them out BONKERS randomly, random, and unresponsive and the more you press the worse it gets.
Cheers Andy!

luis88

Post by luis88 »

kildare wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 9:29 pm Wheel buttons seem sometimes unresponsive, and they often do not recognize many consecutive pushes (ex. Vol+/Vol-)
I can't say if the situation is worsened with v.1.4.
Agree, somehow my steering wheel buttons have got worse with 1.4 update - a few occasions the screen somehow lags and 3-4+ taps to change the radio station do not register then suddenly all register and it jumps through lots of stations. I think it's related to if you have the near full screen map (double tapping home button) that seems to bug out some steering wheel presses.

Does anyone have any real dialogue with Volvo regarding the obvious hardware related radio issue? Are they even planning on fixing this anytime soon (a garage visit will of course be required)?
Volvo EX30 | Ultra | Single Motor Extended Range | Cloud Blue | Breeze interior | UK
AndyP

Post by AndyP »

YES
BUT
If you mean they answer
NO!
Cheers Andy!

andrewollason

Post by andrewollason »

Hi, ours came with 1.4 loaded from the dealer and I haven’t noticed anything that I would describe as a bug yet. Lots of quirks but then I would expect that with a new product like this.
Twin Motor Ultra
wreptile

Post by wreptile »

I think my proximity open is worse since 1.4. 40% I have to hold the driver handle (that does not include first opening of the day).

Anyone know why there’s a setting to activate all handles to open the car when you can only do it on the driver. Seems odd to provide the option when the function does not exist.
EX30 Ultra Twin Motor Perf - Cloud Blue - Mist Interior
Ste007

Post by Ste007 »

wreptile wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 7:24 pm Anyone know why there’s a setting to activate all handles to open the car when you can only do it on the driver. Seems odd to provide the option when the function does not exist.
I think the setting you are referring to is the option, when unlocking, to unlock the driver’s door only or to unlock all the doors. Only the driver’s door handle can be used to unlock the car (by holding the back of the handle).
EX30 Ultra twin motor performance, Cloud Blue, Mist interior. 1.4. UK