Battery on Key Fob

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo EX30
timk

Post by timk »

Well looks like the battery on my Key Fob has died already - ordered a new one - a bit tricky getting the cover off, but surprised it's lasted about 2 months since purchase! Is this normal or anything I should do to help prolong the battery life - had to resort to using the NFC card to drive this morning!

gloucester

Post by gloucester »

You can use the Key Tag even with a flat battery - just use it like a Key Card tapping it on the pillar and popping it in the wireless charger to start.
2024 Vᴏʟᴠᴏ EX30 Pʟᴜs - Sɪɴɢʟᴇ Mᴏᴛᴏʀ - Sᴛᴀɴᴅᴀʀᴅ Rᴀɴɢᴇ - Mᴏss Yᴇʟʟᴏᴡ/Pɪɴᴇ ~ 2018 Yᴀᴍᴀʜᴀ MT-07
Rexel40

Post by Rexel40 »

Mine didn't really work effectively from new (3rd March), assumed it was software related as are most issues with this model. Changed the battery; and behold a fully functioning tag!! Volvo must be supplying duff batteries.
timk

Post by timk »

Thanks Everyone - will try the tag like a keycard too!
Cooper7

Post by Cooper7 »

New owner here, key fob not recognised by the car after 5 days of ownership !!! Thanks to the post on here I fitted a new battery and it now seems to be working 🤞 Really think Volvo need to fit new battery before releasing a car.
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

Yes, I've had mine for two weeks now and I'm pondering changing the battery. It's locking fine but hardly ever opens before I get to the handle
2024 Vᴏʟᴠᴏ EX30 Pʟᴜs - Sɪɴɢʟᴇ Mᴏᴛᴏʀ - Sᴛᴀɴᴅᴀʀᴅ Rᴀɴɢᴇ - Mᴏss Yᴇʟʟᴏᴡ/Pɪɴᴇ ~ 2018 Yᴀᴍᴀʜᴀ MT-07
AndyP

Post by AndyP »

SAVE YOUR PENNIES.
I have done that twice now the first time it said flat battery after putting in the new one at 3.6 v
I changed it and it works EXACTLY the same.

I posted about this its a new security anti theft feature. It goes to sleep without use then wakes up by touching handle or pressing boot lid button. 3 secs max.
Cheers Andy!

UK--EX30 VAPOUR GREY TWIN MOTOR ULTRA v1.3.1
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

I know of that argument but I'm not convinced by it. Sometimes mine opens with alacrity when walking towards it even first time that day.