IITC (Internet in the car) dead

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo EX30
enigmab17

Post by enigmab17 »

Anyone else's internet dead in the car? Volvo chat telling me I've to bring it to th dealer again, Volvo dealer telling me what Volvo have some issue with the internet that they need to fix before I can do that. Any ideas/Info?
Volvo EX-30 | Ultra | Single Motor Extended Range | Crystal White | Spain

Stretford99

Post by Stretford99 »

Oh no is it still not working for you?

Here in the uk - I think it’s largely been fixed in the last week and the IITC has started to work for the first time after weeks of nothing!
enigmab17

Post by enigmab17 »

Well it was working up until saturday, now it appears to have exploded.
Apparently my Volvo dealer telling me it's an issue that Volvo are trying to fix :|
Was curious if anyone else was affected or if it was just Spain
Volvo EX-30 | Ultra | Single Motor Extended Range | Crystal White | Spain
Stretford99

Post by Stretford99 »

I did have a trip in the car this afternoon and it still seems to be working here in UK - so fingers crossed just a temp thing in Spain. Very annoying
MrNiceguy80

Post by MrNiceguy80 »

Same problem since yesterday. No connection in the car.

Phoned the dealer and they said it mostly down to Vodafone. But it just be an excuse
Volvo EX-30 | Ultra | Twin Motor Performance | Cloud Blue
MrNiceguy80

Post by MrNiceguy80 »

Not sure if this will fix for you as well.

Just rebooted the system holding the two down buttons on the steering wheel and now the connection is back.

Worth a try
Volvo EX-30 | Ultra | Twin Motor Performance | Cloud Blue
saggioutente

Post by saggioutente »

Hi everyone on the Forum,
I'm new here and I'm considering buying the EX30 SMER. I've read several posts where users complain about various issues and malfunctions, many of which concern the lack of an Internet connection. Personally, I tested the EX30 at two different dealerships here in Rome, and both times the Internet in the car didn't work. The dealer told me they were still configuring the car and that I needed to wait.

I've now realized that this wasn't entirely true; this car has numerous software-related malfunctions. And we all know that software is the beating heart of an electric car, so it absolutely needs to work correctly, just like the Internet connection.

I'm very disappointed and I'm seriously considering not buying this car, even though I really love its looks.

Thanks for reading!
Volvo EX30 SMER Vapour Grey
JPM75

Post by JPM75 »

Hi, and welcome.
My personal experience with the car, and I have a SMER, is that it is an excellent car, there are a couple of issues with the software (although I don't think I have had as many as some people) but nothing that makes it undrivable, and all will eventually get sorted with future OTA updates.

It's looks really good (thats the main reason i wanted one) its quiet, comfortable, quick and smooth, actually the best small car I have ever driven. I didn't test drive one either, just ordered based on the huge amount of reviews I watched.

My only issue at the minute is the fact the app on my phone doesn't connect, but I could live without the app tbh and it certainly doesn't affect the drive.

Oh, and my other issue is the small dent I put it the boot lid with the bins, but that's not a problem Volvo needs to fix....

If you like the car and the drive, I wouldn't personally let a few minor issues put you off, all new to the market cars have issues, Volvo isn't alone there.
2019 BMW X5 40i MSport
2024 Volvo EX30 SMER Ultra Vapour Grey/Indigo
2015 Mini Countryman Cooper S (Wifes)
UK Based
saggioutente

Post by saggioutente »

JPM75 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:49 pm Hi, and welcome.
My personal experience with the car, and I have a SMER, is that it is an excellent car, there are a couple of issues with the software (although I don't think I have had as many as some people) but nothing that makes it undrivable, and all will eventually get sorted with future OTA updates.

It's looks really good (thats the main reason i wanted one) its quiet, comfortable, quick and smooth, actually the best small car I have ever driven. I didn't test drive one either, just ordered based on the huge amount of reviews I watched.

My only issue at the minute is the fact the app on my phone doesn't connect, but I could live without the app tbh and it certainly doesn't affect the drive.

Oh, and my other issue is the small dent I put it the boot lid with the bins, but that's not a problem Volvo needs to fix....

If you like the car and the drive, I wouldn't personally let a few minor issues put you off, all new to the market cars have issues, Volvo isn't alone there.
Hi, and thank you for the welcome here on the forum. It’s very kind of you, and I really appreciate it.
I enjoyed reading your encouraging words and agree with many of the things you wrote. However, regarding the app malfunction, my opinion differs. I work in the IT support department for a large multinational company, and I love technology. The thought of buying a car with which I can't interface via smartphone is something I personally can't accept, especially not with an electric car. The software aspect is essential, and the failure to resolve the numerous software malfunctions despite Volvo's updates is inconceivable.

I wonder: if in the first year of the car's life these bugs can't be resolved with 2 or 3 updates, what can I expect in the future? We're not talking about software updates that add countless new features to the car, but updates that were supposed to fix malfunctions and haven't done so yet.

That's why it was so important for me to understand before proceeding with the purchase.

Thanks again for your welcome ;) and regarding those darn bins that dented your car... I hope you had good insurance against such events! I'm sure it will look like new again soon! 8-)
Volvo EX30 SMER Vapour Grey
kildare

Post by kildare »

Xiaomi 13 Ultra, Android 14, carrier TIM: app always worked perfectly.

Maybe the app likes chinese phones...;)
Volvo EX30 Ultra Twin Motor cloud blue