Cannot connect EX30 app with EX30 car after pairing

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo EX30
nomorex30

Post by nomorex30 »

Hi,

I can't believe this, but 3 weeks ago I purchased a brand new EX30. At the dealer me and the salesman was gonna go over the car and also connect the EX30 app to the car.

Long story short, we didn't succeeded. We tried 2 different iPhones and 2 different Volvo On Call login accounts. But the app cannot connect to the car after completing the QR code scan.

3 weeks have passed and the dealer or service personal still have nu clue on how to connect the app to the car.

I see that there are a lot of people having issues with the car and app but a lot of you seems to have successfully connected the app.

Do you have any ideas on how I can troubleshoot or try o succeed with this?

Any advice or tip would be kindly appreciated.

/K

alphahere

Post by alphahere »

Connect the car display to a WiFi network and try the same please.
2024 EX30 Twin Motor Performance Ultra - Vapour Grey - Indigo
2022 Jeep Compass S 4x4 2.0D
2018 BMW X1 xDrive 20d Sport
2013 Hyundai i20 CRDi 1.4
Graham

Post by Graham »

I also failed to get the App and QR code to work until I connected the car to my home wifi. Then everything started working as its supposed to.
2024 Volvo EX30 Ultra SMER - Cloud Blue / Breeze - 1.2.1 - UK
nomorex30

Post by nomorex30 »

Thanks both of yuo, I should have mentioned it. But I have already tried connecting to WIFI. The problem is AFTER scanning the QR code. The app in my phone says everything is competed. But the display in the car never completes and stays on the QR code. And when actually trying to connect to the car from the app it just says there is no connection to the car. :-(
JPM75

Post by JPM75 »

Thanks for that advise, my app hasn't worked since I got the car, it connected initially but has never shown any car details in the app.

Just tried connecting the car to home WiFi, and everything is now showing in the app....

There's some serious issues with the network carrier they have chosen for the car, or network related settings in the software, and they don't seem consistent car to car?
2019 BMW X5 40i MSport
2024 Volvo EX30 SMER Ultra Vapour Grey/Indigo
2015 Mini Countryman Cooper S (Wifes)
UK Based
nomorex30

Post by nomorex30 »

Agree.

The internet performance / connectivity is very bad and fails to work in most places.

The car have been at Service 3 out of 4 weeks after picking it up.

But the dealer tells me they cannot do anything and that Volvo choosed a poor internet provider. :cry:
nomorex30

Post by nomorex30 »

Just an update: Suddenly out of the blue after 3 weeks I got a message on my phone saying that "a friend have connect to my volvo". After checking my wife's iPhone I could see that her app was now connected to the EX30. Then after checking my app again I could see that my app was connected as well.
adam44

Post by adam44 »

nomorex30 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 6:10 pm Just an update: Suddenly out of the blue after 3 weeks I got a message on my phone saying that "a friend have connect to my volvo". After checking my wife's iPhone I could see that her app was now connected to the EX30. Then after checking my app again I could see that my app was connected as well.
What an unexpected turn of events! It's fascinating how technology can surprise us sometimes. The sudden connection between your Volvo and your wife's iPhone after three weeks highlights the intricacies of wireless connectivity. It's great that both apps are now connected, ensuring smooth and convenient vehicle access for both of you.